Our company, UTComp is involved from the engineering of innovative solutions, material selection, design, oversight of fabrication and supervision of the install. To support customers we developed UltraAnalytix and has the distinct advantage of being able to provide full life cycle information about FRP Assets – from production through use and into repair or replacement.
UltraAnalytix is based on more than 60 years of scientific research, including work originally conducted by NASA. In addition to our internal research, this system has also been confirmed by the University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama and York University, Toronto, Ontario. It is more than conventional ultrasonic thickness testing. The value of this innovative system comes from the innovative post-processing of the raw data to provide repeatable and reproducible results. Some of the many UltraAnalytix advantages include:
- A proactive inspection that can help avoid failures therefore avoiding costly repairs, clean up and negative public relations;
- Non-destructive and non-intrusive method for testing FRP assets. There is no need to cut test samples out of the asset, allowing the structural integrity to remain intact, minimizing confined space entry;
- Evaluations can be completed on all sizes of pipe including to a minimum of 2inches or 50mm in diameter
- The initial testing can be completed in the manufacturer’s facility, and while the plant is in full production;
- The owner does not have to wait for a shut down or, worse yet, create a shutdown for the inspection;
- A baseline from manufacturer or installation can be set for ongoing inspections;
- The regular scheduled inspections create a monitoring curve;
- Data can be collected by UTComp trained personnel: UTComp employee, an end-user employee, manufacturer or a licensee;
- Provides production information for manufacturers to minimize wastage or over production;
- Provides measurement for acceptance criteria;
- Verify the quality and successful achievement of customer requirements;
- Cost effective solution that can be completed in a timely fashion.
- The system has been built to allow for a time efficient ‘one walk’ of the pipe by the UTComp data collector.
- Operates best at temperatures >50°F or 10°C
- Cannot be used for inspection of structures with foam cores and thick (>3inch or 7.5cm) balsa core
- Cannot be used to inspect pipe less than 2inch or 50mm outside diameter
- Cannot be used in magnetic fields within 8ft (2400mm) of conductor carrying 120,000+ Amps
How it works